Sunday, December 09, 2007

FUNNY.

Basically, I put in a complaint with Office Max a few weeks ago, and they finally got back to me. :)

The story--I was looking to get recycled (atleast 30% recycled.) 11 x 17 inch paper,(to use for ALLLLLL my caricature gigs) and Staples didn't carry it. Went into Office Max, and was blatantly lied to by a MANAGER there. He told me how it wastes more EVERYTHING to recycle paper, vs cutting down virgin trees. (He didn't know who he was talking to.)

What a load of horse shit.

I bought a ream of their bullshit 11 x 17--and proceeded to go home and do my research. I read SO MUCH MORE that night about recycled paper................ needless to say, I got more and more pissed the more websites and urls and everything that I went to! I ended up finding out that OFFICE DEPOT is the one that I remember that carries recycled paper... found more about that on their site, and here's the link for the paper I bought: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/921408/a/D=2%20recycled%20paper&No=20&Dx=mode%20matchallpartial&Nty=1&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial|mode%20matchallpartial&Ntt=recycled%20paper|11%20x%2017%20recycled&N=100000&uniqueSearchFlag=true&y=0&x=0&Nr=100000&Ntk=all|all&An=text/

The very next day, I went back to OFFICE MAX, steamed...... and returned the paper,.. and complained to an employee there about their manager.

Didn't stop there.. popped online.. and decided to put in a complaint with Corp--about the manager, his lies to me, and also.. how they're not even staying in "the game" at this point with their competition.

Kinda like how Chamberlins doesn't offer reusable totes/bags--to stay with their competition--Wholefoods.. and even Publix at this point! (more on this soon by the way.)

Anyway, a woman from OFFICE MAX finally got back to me with this email.
Dear Maria,


We apologize for the inconvenience. Your message has been forwarded to the appropriate department for review so that this can be addressed.


OfficeMax thanks you for the opportunity of servicing your future business and personal supply needs. If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.


Thank you for choosing OfficeMax!


Sincerely,


Joanne Renaud

OfficeMax

Customer Service - Email Support - Mentor, OH


And sure, this is somewhat a total copy and paste response back--but Im glad someone got back to me.. and as I said in my statement to them... they've lost my business regardless.

AND ALSO, all of you artists out there that are reading this.. PLEASE consider using OFFICE DEPOT for your 11 x 17 inch recycled paper needs!! GREAT FOR GIGS!!!!!!!

Thank you for your time!
Me :O)
The Hurricane!

OK.. back to some freelance I'm working on right now.. more to come.. and sure.. some art to post soon too! Yeah! ;O)

No comments: